Increase Font Size

Insurance/Medicare/ Medicaid

There are a number of state and federal programs. It is worth exploring any resource that might be available.

Medicare Savings Programs are available. All states have programs called Medicare Savings Programs (MSPs) that can help pay Medicare expenses including, in some cases, deductibles and coinsurance for those who qualify.

Get help with prescription drug costs.  Based on income and other factors, some people with Medicare can get help paying for Medicare prescription drug coverage. Contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 or visit and click on the "Medicare" link to learn more. Some drug manufacturers also offer Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs for people with Medicare Part D. 

Get free personalized counseling and assistance. The Wisconsin State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIPs) offers free counseling right here in our community. State of Wisconsin SHIP office phone number is 1-800-242-1060.

Public assistance programs may cover additional needs. Many people qualify for support from Social Security, Medicaid, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, in-home services pharmacy programs, and more. The National Council on Aging helps Americans determine their eligibility for public assistance and a wide range of other support programs at

Ask Medicare also offers information on enrolling in Medicare, choosing a prescription drug plan, finding state and local resources to support caregiving tasks, accessing in-home services and a free e-newsletter with the latest Medicare updates.



Medicaid Medicare Medicare - Caregiver Support Social Security Benefits Check-Up ADRC